Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ignorance Is Bliss

When I read an article that touches my beliefs, hopes, thoughts, or outlooks on life I connect to it. Personally for me I am a big history buff, who also opposes Bush's views on Iraq and Afghanistan wars, so when I read a journal written by a Canadian solider in Afghanistan it may change my views slightly on that particular subject. On the other side of the scale I have read multiple articles on global warming, pollution, and the ozone layer being destroyed. Some people believe it is a load of garbage, yet some believe it is a very concrete problem. I some what agree that global warming is happening, but the biggest thing is pollution, that I will insist that we all can help. Pollution is a gastronomical and very controversial issue, that you do not really even have to read an article about you just have to look around, and ask yourself what is that huge ''overcast'' over China that never goes away? The ''overcast'' that protrudes sunlight from shining, and floats up to the North, which is Canada. Some Canadians may just say 'it is not us! It is a China or India problem', but the truth is Canadians use the most energy per capita in the whole world. At times I ask myself am I just getting sucked into the media, and believing idiotic propaganda to save the government some money, then I just think who cares after a while is is really hard to reuse a plastic bag once in a while or re-use containers? Every article that I read which affects me in any way I try to even do the littlest thing to help. I try to be a compassionate person, and volunteer or do what ever I can, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

No comments: